Inspiration for the Drifting Sands rug comes from the simplicity of the desert - dry, vast, and quiet. Its color palate is neutral and understated, yet far from dull, far from dead. In its efforts to thrive in its climate the desert has created forms, tones and textures that speak worlds to its majesty. These places shape the majority of Egypt’s landscape, making them a great part of our topographical identity.
The artisans who made this product earn fair wages and preserve Egyptian cultural heritage by practicing a craft that has been passed down to them generation to generation. Purchasing this product allows Kiliim to continue their mission of reviving and sustaining local crafts and empowering their communities.
• 100% wool rug, hand-woven on a cotton base
• All of Kiliim’s products are handcrafted, making each product unique. Slight variations and imperfections are embraced.
• Professional cleaning recommended or hand wash cold with non-bleach detergent
• For stains, scrub with gel detergent + leave to air dry
• Do not use bleach, stain remover, or tumble dry
• Products are for indoor use, do not expose to direct sunlight
• Handcrafted in Egypt
• Fair trade
• Sustainably sourced