Native Americans started the tradition of using Sacred Sage to ward off evil spirits and negative energies, and white sage has been used in ceremonies to seek blessings of health and prosperity, to banish spirits, and encourage protection. Sage Smudging is a ritual where the leaves of the Sage plant are burned, and the smoke is directed into and onto areas that are in need of clearing and protection.
Sage leaves are burned and as you express your gratitude for its assistance, the spirit of the sage plant releases its energy of protection and clearing into the space or onto the object that needs clearing. As the smoke moves through the room or over a surface, the smoke attaches itself to any heavy, negative energy within the space, object or being. When the smoke clears, the spirit of White Sage carries with it the negative energy that was once attached, back up to the Spiritual Light. This heavy energy then becomes released so that it may regenerate into something positive. You can perform this smudging ritual on anything or anyone that needs a clearing.
• Dried California White Sage
• 5 inch length bundle
• Use a candle, match, or lighter to set the sage ablaze. Let the sage burn for a few seconds and then blow out the fire; let the embers smoke
• Always use a fireproof vessel while burning
• Never leave unattended while burning
• Do not breathe the sage smoke directly
• Keep water on hand in case the burn flares out of your control
• Do not overfill interior areas with smoke
• Keep away from pets and children