This piece is a close study into the lines, patterns, and details of elements that exist around us in nature. Various weaving techniques are used in the piece as a metaphor for the textures in these environments. The combination of colors, textures, and shapes used in Nature Markings has created pieces of contrasting personalities that emphasize how these differences live in aesthetic harmony with each other.
The artisans who made this product earn fair wages and preserve Egyptian cultural heritage by practicing a craft that has been passed down to them generation to generation. Purchasing this product allows Kiliim to continue their mission of reviving and sustaining local crafts and empowering their communities.
• 100% wool rug, hand-woven on a cotton base
• All of Kiliim’s products are handcrafted, making each product unique. Slight variations and imperfections are embraced.
• Professional cleaning recommended or hand wash cold with non-bleach detergent
• For stains, scrub with gel detergent + leave to air dry
• Do not use bleach, stain remover, or tumble dry
• Products are for indoor use, do not expose to direct sunlight
• Handcrafted in Egypt
• Fair trade
• Sustainably sourced