The motifs in this rug were created by adapting the organic forms of various plants such as the cypress tree and pomegranate fruit from the region into geometric, cultural, and folkloric designs. Some of these were inspired by motifs from classic Persian carpets which carry symbolic meanings, such as fertility, life, and eternity.
The artisans who made this product earn fair wages and preserve Egyptian cultural heritage by practicing a craft that has been passed down to them generation to generation. Purchasing this product allows Kiliim to continue their mission of reviving and sustaining local crafts and empowering their communities.
• 100% wool rug, hand-woven on a cotton base
• All of Kiliim’s products are handcrafted, making each product unique. Slight variations and imperfections are embraced.
• Professional cleaning recommended or hand wash cold with non-bleach detergent
• For stains, scrub with gel detergent + leave to air dry
• Do not use bleach, stain remover, or tumble dry
• Products are for indoor use, do not expose to direct sunlight
• Handcrafted in Egypt
• Fair trade
• Sustainably sourced